Can I work during the program?

No, classes are conducted full time and there are additional expectations in regards to time commitments. Additionally, program participants are not under work visas and therefore may not seek employment while abroad.

Can the Business English First Lessons student participate in company visits?

Business English students don't participate in the mandatory visits. If any type of visit is made available to these groups, they will be officially informed.

Can this certificate be used towards future classes in my graduation/post-graduation course?

It varies according to each home University or College. Some may accept the transcript of credits based on the course content, syllabus and class hours. However, the specific arrangement needs to be made directly with your home University. IBS Americas is happy to work with your Institution to provide any documentation required for a credit transfer process.

Do I have to bring with me any additional materials (laptop, etc)?

It is recommended, but not mandatory, to bring a laptop. In addition to being used during classes, it will also assist you to complete the assignments. If bringing your laptop is not an option, you can use the computers at the University or the hotel (if applicable).

What are the requirements to attend the Advanced Programs?

The Advanced programs are designed for graduate students with a minimum of 3 years of working experience in their field of interest.

What is the profile of the companies that will be visited?

Students will visit companies operating in the market according to the theme of the program they're partaking in. It is expected that students take a very proactive stance, asking many questions to the company's representative. In the past, we have visited IBM, Wells Fargo, Disney, WB Studios, Toyota, Ducati, Ferrari, amongst other global companies.

When I arrive at the country, what do I have to do before the course begins?

There isn't any mandatory activity prior to the program's beginning. The staff will hold a Campus Tour on the weekend before the first day, an optional activity that allows you to become familiar with the University facilities and future colleagues. We also suggest you arrive on Saturday before the program starts to prepare yourself for the first day of classes.



International Programs

If I am unable to attend the program as planned, can I postpone it to the next available intakes?

Yes, you can request up to 2 changes in the program date without any extra cost. It is important that the request is submitted 60 days prior to the course starts.

What is the level of English required to participate in the programs?

Since the programs are 100% in English, to participate in the business-themed programs, the minimum level of English required is intermediate, and for the Business English courses at SUNY and ULV, the elementary level of English is fine.


What payment methods can be used?

Paypal, Transferwise, debit transfer and WeChat Pay.


Are there any accommodation suggestion?

Winter: Ontario International Airport Hotel, Fairfield by Marriott or similar.
Summer: Student Housing. For more information, visit the website: https://laverne.edu/housing/residence-halls/
Fall: Ontario International Airport Hotel or similar.

Winter: Howard Johnson by Wyndham.
Summer: Student Housing.

Winter and Summer: Hotel College Valmarana Morosini, by the University. Best Western: located next to Altavilla Vicentina train station, 1.7 km from CUOA Business School.

Winter: Fairfield Inn by Marriott, near to the campus.
July: Student Housing 

January: Travelodge London Covent Garden Hotels, Premier Inn London Holborn Hotel, and Pickwick Hall, walking distance from the college.
July: University of London Housing - Lilian Penson, or similar.


Do I need travel insurance?

Yes. IBS Americas requires all students to have health insurance to participate in the programs. You also must provide us with your insurance information hence accidents and health issues may occur, whether at home or elsewhere. Having health insurance affords you the confidence of not having medical expenses while abroad.

How can I meet other students from my Program / University?

You can join the Facebook group where all the students participating in the same program are. Besides that, to start the networking process we will make a WhatsApp group as well.

How many days before the program should I arrive?

We recommend you arrive the weekend before classes start.

When will I receive information about accommodation, background readings, health insurance etc.?

We start the trip about 5 months before the start of classes. All information will be emailed to students in addition to two preparatory meetings prior to the trip, in which we address topics about the university, destination, transfers, accommodations, food, travel and health insurance, etc. The background readings will be sent approximately three months before the trip.

Which airport should I arrive?

In New York (Albany and New Paltz) it is recommended that students land at JFK. In California (CSUN and ULV) at the LAX.

In Italy (CUOA), the recommended airport is Marco Polo International Airport, in Rome.

In England (Pearson College), we recommend Heathrow Airport in London.

In Brazil (AIC), students should book their flight to Guarulhos International Airport.

Which documents do I need to have with me for immigration at the airport?

Passport with a visa that is valid for at least six months after the return date, return tickets, proof of hotel/Airbnb reservation, and endorsement letter provided by IBS Americas.

Who makes the hotel reservations?

Students going to California and Italy receive by email a link with all the necessary information for accommodations around one month before the start of the classes. For all other destinations, accommodation is booked by the student.

Will there be someone waiting at the airport? How will it work?

It varies according to each destination. For students attending the programs in California (CSUN or ULV), there is a service called Super Shuttle, a van that takes people from the airport to the campus or hotel. This service is around U$70.00 as you may check in the link: www.supershuttle.com.

For students who participate in the programs in NY, the Teaching Assistant might schedule a single time and date to meet the students at the airport and accompany them to Albany/New Paltz.

The same happens in Italy, where the Teaching Assistant may join students from the airport in Rome to Altavilla Vicentina.

Please note that this service is subject to change without previous notice.


After signing the agreement, what should I do?

To confirm your placement, the enrollment fee payment must be settled in up to 20 days. Your Student Support assistant is the most equipped to guide you during this process.
In the 5 months prior to the program starting, there will be two preparatory meetings for the trip. These orientation sessions are held online on Zoom. We will present all information about the University, the city you're staying in, transportation, accommodations, travel insurance, background readings, English test, and other items related to your trip and the program. Please read all email communications thoroughly, as all the information is important to help you make the most of your experience abroad.

What is the first step after being approved for the scholarship?

When you have a scholarship granted, the first step is to complete the information requested in the contract agreement, sign it and send it back to us. In order to allocate capacity and to confirm your placement, the enrollment fee should be settled in up to 20 days.  

When do I have to pay the tuition fees?

The Study Abroad Agreement provides you with pre-set dates for the payment of the tuition fees, which can be changed, upon request, if necessary. The enrollment fee must be paid within a month after the signing of the Agreement.


Are the programs only for undergraduates?

To be considered for any of our courses, students must be regularly enrolled or have completed their graduation degree, MBA, or Master's studies. There are different courses for each academic level.

Can I work with a partner that can complement my scholarship?

If you want to supplement the scholarship, we suggest you check with your company's HR office or the international/study abroad office in your university. Some universities or companies offer this type of benefit.

Does the scholarship include air tickets too?

No, the scholarship covers part of the tuition fees. The students are responsible for all the other expenses, like flight tickets, accommodation, food, and transportation. During the Preparatory Meetings, we will recommend the most affordable options available.

How can I get a scholarship?

You must meet the requirements mentioned in the program's Scholarship Notice, fill out the Application Form, put all the information requested, then await the outcome of the process. On average, it takes five business days to review the application and, then, the student will receive the results via email.

How many scholarships are awarded by program? What is the average number of students per class?

The number of scholarships varies according to the availability of the sponsoring foundations. The application process for a scholarship does not imply costs.
Regarding the size of the classes, they are composed of 15-30 students.

Is it required to send a letter or any other document proving that I am currently enrolled in my Educational Institution?

Yes. We require either proof of enrollment or completion of a higher education degree.

Is there any scholarship that covers 100% of the cost of the course?

No. The sponsoring foundations prefer to offer a larger number of partial scholarships rather than a limited number of full scholarships. Despite being partial scholarships, they cover a fairly large percentage of the course, making it easier to study abroad.

What are the prerequisites to participate in the selective process for the scholarships?

To participate in the programs and concur for scholarships with IBS Americas you must be at least 18 years old, be enrolled or have completed a higher education course at University or College. Furthermore, to participate in the business-themed programs, the minimum level of English required is intermediate, and for the Business English courses at SUNY and ULV, the elementary level of English is fine.

What is included in the scholarship?

The scholarship covers part of the tuition fees of the program, lectures, guided business visits to local companies, graduation ceremony, and the program support material (it does not cover other expenses, such as flight tickets and meals).

Terms and conditions

About terms and conditions

Terms and Conditions
By accessing this website and all pages that are part of it in any way, you are agreeing to adhere to the terms and conditions called “our terms” and agreeing to respect any applicable regulations and laws.

Member of the Institute of International Education (IIE) and the European Foundation of Managerial Development (EFMD), the International Business School Americas – IBS Americas, offers international programs for executives since 2003, in the following areas: Finance, Strategy and Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, Projects, Leadership, Communication, and Innovation. Held in the United States and Europe, the programs are offered in January, July, and September, with full-time classes and activities.

We have advanced and themed programs that range in value, which can be found in the course catalog. It’s important to emphasize that we have several scholarships available for each of the programs.

Reimbursement politics and satisfaction guarantees
All reimbursement conditions are specified in the contract that each student signs the moment they are granted a scholarship, where the CONTRACTOR is obliged to fulfill what has been promised, aware that, if the course is canceled for any personal or professional reason, the CONTRACTOR will retain 50% of the contract’s total amount.

If the student cancels the course 60 days before the program, no amount will be returned.

The total amount paid by the CONTRACTOR, except the enrollment fee, will be returned to the student only if they have their visa denied.

Website use
As I access this site, I agree to limit my use of the ibs-americas.com website and related services, only for personal reasons. I agree that I will not download, modify, or use any part of the services related to this website for any finalities such as re-selling or other commercial uses.

We are a private website held by a private company.

Personal information
It’s possible to collect users’ data when they visit the website and store them on our secure data bank. This information could include:

• Contact information: Cell phone number and email address.
• Personal information, including full name, address, and time and date of birth.

When you, candidate, use this website, necessary information to complete the form is stored.

Customer Support
If you have any doubts, contact us by email: info@ibs-americas.com.

We have the right to update these terms from time to time, as well as any other content available on our website. These changes will be effective immediately. If you decide to continue accessing this website, it is your responsibility to check if any changes were made to these terms. Every time you access our website, you are expressively agreeing to these terms.


How can I apply for the visa?

To apply for the visa, you must have a valid passport and schedule your appointment at the embassy. Approximately five months before your trip, we will send you all the information about this process, a step-by-step guide for you to use, and some tips for the day of your interview. Our course is classified by the American Consulate as a cultural exchange program for executives. The type of visa you must apply for is B1 / B2 (business/tourist).

How do I obtain a Visa? Does IBS Americas provide any support?

The first step is to make an appointment at the Embassy of the destination country. Note that you must apply for the Business and Tourism Visa (B1/B2), hence the duration of our programs. We will then send you an Endorsement Letter signed by the Dean of the University in which you will be studying. In the interview at the Embassy, you must make it clear that you are traveling abroad to participate in a short-term business program.

In the US, do I have to leave the country after completing the course?

After completing the course, you may stay in the country as long as you do not exceed the time indicated in your visa, knowing that IBS Americas will not assist you after the program.

What can I do if my visa is denied?

If your Visa got denied, you must try to remember exactly what the embassy official mentioned as the reason for the denial and keep the proof of Visa deny. Then, you should contact IBS Americas, to receive instructions and a new Endorsement Letter, so you can try to reapply.

Why can’t I apply for a student visa in the US?

The courses offered by IBS Americas in the United States do not have the characteristics required to obtain a student visa due to their total duration. However, the Tourism and Business visa allows the student to extend their stay to visit other cities and is valid for ten years. When applying for your visa, please pay close attention to the instructions.

IBS and Cookies: We use cookies to offer a better experience and performance, and to understand how you interact on our website. By continuing to browse, you agree to our Privacy Policy .